Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist
Who I can help?
Children and young adults with
– Language delay
– Developmental Language Disorder
– Speech difficulties including dyspraxia
– Dysfluency (stammering)
– Social Communication Difficulties
– Higher level language difficulties
– Non -verbal children who require Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) systems such as Makaton, Picture Exchange System (PECS), Communication Books, as well as communication software on iPads/ Tablets and eye gaze technology.
– Dysphagia (eating and drinking difficulties)
I have worked with many children with complex needs including Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, learning difficulties and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
How I can help?
I will come and meet you and your child/ young adult to take a full case history ensuring I gather a holistic picture of their communication and health needs. I will carry out some formal and informal assessments as well as observations. Sometimes it may take a few sessions to get a full picture of your child/ young person. I may also need to liaise with other professionals, including an NHS speech and language therapist if appropriate.
A report can be provided upon parental request.
Following my assessments we will agree some goals to work towards, which can be outlined in a speech and language therapy programme. We will agree on an appropriate package of intervention e.g. 6 weekly sessions and will review the therapy goals at the end and update them if necessary.
Therapy packages will be tailored to individual needs. These could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Therapy can be delivered in the home, in nursery or at school. Therapy can include supporting adults working with the child to best support their communication needs in different environments.
I can also support families to work through the complex process of EHCPs.